Saturday, August 15, 2009

Weekly Wrap-Up: August 15


Once again we had a week of easing into school with three days of school work. We are doing all of our subjects (which seems to be quite a large list this year), but just less of them, until September. We're trying to pick up piano again, which we neglected the second half of the year last year.

So far Lucy has been quite enthusiastic about her work. She seems to have taken a big leap forward recently. I'm not sure how to describe it, but things just seem to come to her more easily, her handwriting has gotten neater, and she's becoming more independent. It's so amazing to me to watch her blossoming and maturing. And I'm so grateful I get to witness it all up close, by having her with me at home.

I also spent some time this week baking and preparing food for my weekend guests (who are here right now, taking naps). I'm having a small weekend writing retreat at my house this weekend, and have been hosting two friends who are poets. I also happen to be editing both of their books for the small press I work for (WordFarm), so it's been nice to have some time to go over their books with them, face to face. We've also spent time reading and writing this weekend, and just hanging out and talking about poetry. It's been incredibly refreshing.

On that note, I'm off to do some reading.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it nice when you can see that progress? I've noticed with my kids before that sometimes the improvements just seem to suddenly and effortlessly that they surprise you...and sometimes it can seem to take forever. ;-)