Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Homeschool Memoirs: Happy New Year!

The Homeschool Post's Memoir theme for this week is: "post about what you did for New Year’s and what your traditions are each year.'

For quite a few years now, my parents have watched all the grandkids (my two kids, and my sister's two) so that we can celebrate the new year with my sister and her husband, and any friends who are available. We often end up going out for a fancy dinner and seeing a movie. We saw all the Lord of the Rings movies in this manner. This year, there was a threat of snow, so we made a fancy dinner at my house with my sister and her husband, and our friends Kelly and Tim. After dinner we played games until late at night. It was lots of fun! Our fancy meal was Raclette, which is a very tasty meal with European origins. Visit Raclette's Wikipedia page for more information about it. For dessert we had chocolate fondue.

1 comment:

Sarah at SmallWorld said...

Sounds lovely! My brother-in-law made a raclette meal for us once. My husband loved it; it was a little rich for me!