Monday, November 24, 2008

Meal Plan Monday


Menu Plan Monday from the Organizing Junkie:

SUNDAY Use up the leftovers from last week

MONDAY Fresh Vegetables with Pasta and garlic bread made from hot dog buns with butter, salt, and garlic powder, then toasted in a hot oven

TUESDAY Chicken with Cornflake Crust (Dip chicken in melted butter, then in crushed cornflakes mixed with powdered garlic and Italian herbs; bake), brown rice, Glazed Carrots with Pistachios

WEDNESDAY Baked pasta with spaghetti sauce and fresh mozzarella, homemade garlic bread, tossed salad

THURSDAY my contribution to Thanksgiving at the in-laws is Apple Tea Bread

FRIDAY Dinner at my parents house

SATURDAY Thanksgiving at my parents house

My made up pork loin recipe last week turned out great. I made a sauce with orange marmalade, balsamic vinegar, crushed garlic, and Dijon mustard, spread that all over the roast, and baked it at 350 until it was done. I added some sauce to it periodically while it was baking. It was very tender and flavorful.

1 comment:

Sarah at SmallWorld said...

Your glazed carrots with pistachios sound amazing! I am going to add those to my list!