Monday, December 14, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook Dec. 14

Outside my window... very cold rain, that is supposed to turn to ice then snow

I am thinking... about the homeschool enrichment classes I just signed Lucy up for. She's doing a field trip class, 2 Rosetta Stone languages (Latin and Spanish) and art classes -- all for free through a nearby public school district.

I am thankful for... Facebook. Seriously! A friend from college just found me on there. We'd lost touch over 15 years ago and I'm so happy to be in touch with her again.

I am wearing... my workout clothes, which I never changed out of after exercising this morning.

I am going... we went to the library this morning. The library has an ongoing used book sale, and I bought 3 books and 3 magazines for less than $2!

I am currently reading... Ambition and Survival: Becoming a Poet, by Christian Wiman; Winter's Tale, by Mark Helprin; Great Books, by David Denby

I am hoping... to bake some Christmas cookies this week.

From the kitchen... hamburgers for dinner tonight, with grass-fed beef.

Around the house... finishing up Christmas projects and wrapping presents.

From our studies... we've taken most of the month off school, but are continuing with multiplication, since it's taken quite a long time to get through that. But the end is in sight! Lucy knows all the times tables except the 8s and 12s. We've also continued this month with our history read-alouds, because the kids love them. We're reading books about the Middle Ages, along with The Story of the World.

Listening to... rain on the roof.

From my picture journal

2 comments:

Ruth said...

Hi!
This is my first visit and I'm glad I did because I found a poet here ;-)

You're blessed to have free supplement classes in your area, and the book sale sounds really a good deal.

Thanks for sharing. More blessings to you!
Ruth

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.