Monday, October 26, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook, Oct 26


Simple Woman's Daybook, Oct 26

Outside my window... a huge flock of birds in the soybean field beside my house

I am thinking... about the Christmas presents I'm working on making: photo books, a family cookbook, and a cross-stitch

I am thankful for... the fact that my 2 kids get along with each other so well!

I am wearing... jeans, blue sweatshirt, wool slippers from Austria

I am remembering... that I need to change the laundry

I am going... to an open mic, a poetry reading, and a concert this week. I don't usually get out that much!

I am reading... Beverly Cleary's autobiography, A Girl From Yamhill It's fabulous!

I am hoping... my knee stops hurting soon so I can get out for some walks this week.

On my mind... a friend's nephew who was hit by a car last week and is in critical condition

From the learning rooms... phonics for Matthew; early church fathers for Lucy

Noticing that... there aren't many leaves left. It's going to look like winter soon. I'm not really ready for that!

Pondering these words... "Maybe we can grow raisins in the ground and make new raisin trees" -Matthew. He also wanted to plant a peanut today.

From the kitchen... easy meal tonight: tacos

Around the house... laundry, the huge mess the kids are making in the family room, which includes a ball pit made with some plastic balls and the baby pool

One of my favorite things~ Matthew's belly laugh

From my picture journal...

No comments: