Monday, July 27, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook



The Simple Woman's Daybook

Outside my window... sky with fluffy white clouds (the only window in my home office is a skylight)

I am thinking... about trying to fit in more time for writing poetry

From the learning rooms... slowly starting up our homeschool after taking most of the summer off

I am thankful for... fresh local produce!

From the kitchen... homemade corn bread and Summertime Corn Chowder

I am wearing... jeans with a white strappy top that looks kind of hippy-like

I am reading... Admission, by Jean Hanff Korelitz (novel)

I am hoping... the kids won't whine and complain about the above mentioned dinner

I am creating... basil paste to freeze for winter (1/4 c. water for each 1 cup fresh basil leaves. Puree, then pour into ice cube trays and freeze. To store, pop out and put into freezer bags)

I am praying... that someone will buy my house, which has been on the market almost a year now

Around the house... whining 3-year-old who wants to be done with his rest time, beads and pieces of Play Doh on the floor, kids artwork, a tired old dog, some sort of structure build with kids chairs and tables

One of my favorite things... homemade chocolate chip cookies, fresh from the oven

A few plans for the rest of the week... visit from my mother-in-law, reading poetry at an open mic, editing a book of poetry for the small press I work for, gardening

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you..

1 comment:

John and Lisa said...

Writing poetry is always a good thing! Write, write, write! : ) BTW- nice to "meet" you, I'm here from Simple Woman. Now I'll quit bossing you around...