Monday, July 21, 2008

Mom, I'm Not Bored

Recently, after hearing a mom complain about how often she's heard the words "mom, I'm bored," from her child this summer, it suddenly occurred to me that I haven't heard Lucy say that even once all summer. In fact, I can't remember the last time I heard her say "I'm bored." Is this one of those little known "reasons to homeschool" that I've never come across before? Has anyone else experienced this?

In my mind, there are two possibilities for this phenomenon. (1) Lucy has become used to "being bored" since she's at home a lot and she knows I'm not going to bail her out, so she finds something to do; or (2) This is the natural state of children who are not constantly entertained by school, after-school activities, hours and hours of TV and video games, etc.

No comments: